It’s 2020.. it’s a new year and many of you are probably ready to start getting fit, lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle! 💪💪
Here are 5 tips to help you lose weight and be a healthier you this year!
1. Calorie Deficit! – Fat loss is simple, for the general person if you stay on a calorie deficit for a consistent period of time you will lose weight. A calorie deficit means consuming slightly less calories than your body needs to function each day. Do this daily overtime and the weight will drop. 🍏🍎🍐🍊🍑🍓🌶
2. Move more! – Help create a calorie deficit by burning more calories each day. The more you move the more calories you burn. It’s that easy. It dosnt matter if you walk, run or go to the gym, it all counts! Just remember the more calories you burn through exercise the more food you can eat each day! Aslong as you stay on that calorie deficit 😉 🚶🏃🏃🏻🏋️🏊🚴
3. Avoid the scams – Nutrient intake and exercise are the main factors in weight loss and health. Theres no shake, pill, coffee, cream or magic bean thats going to benefit you more than watching your calorie intake and exercising more. The majority of these products only achieve the results they say they do because they all recommend you use them alongside a healthy diet and exercise. Most of the before and after pictures used to sell these products are manipulated to make them look better than they are. Please dont fall for it people. It really isn’t worth it. Overpriced nonsense.
4. Learn about Macros – The more knowledge you have about Protein, Fats and Carbohydrates the more equipped you’re going to be on your fitness journey. Learning about what your eating and why your eating it makes planning your diet so much easier. Different goals require different macro breakdowns. Iv found for fat loss a high protein diet works best. There’s loads of information online about this topic. If it’s gets confusing you can always give us a message for some nutrition support 👍
5. Less is more! – Keep it simple and don’t try and make all the changes in one go. Many people fall off a training program within the first week or two. Mainly because they have tried to go all or nothing. Maybe they have overtrained and killed thier motivation to go to the gym. It’s also common for people to restrict thier calories to much and essentially starve themselves. Making it impossible to stick to the plan. Ease yourself in gradually, All the small changes make the big difference in the end. Remember this is a journey you want to stay on for the rest of your life. Quick fixes don’t work.. implement small changes and over time the results will take care of themselves!
We hope this gives you a starting point for your journey! Good luck and you have got this! 💪